Commerce - Chamber of Commerce
Welcome to Commerce Commerce, Texas offers visitors a great place to spend a weekend or a lifetime. With the benefits of a small-town feel, and the big-town benefits of a local University and corporate opportunities, Commerce is a great place to start a business, raise a family or simply visit. Only a 60-minute drive from Dallas, Commerce is close enough to be convenient, yet far enough to enjoy the benefits of country life. Come visit and see why so many people proudly call this area home...more about Commerce.
Looking for a product or service locally? Search our Members' Directory to find a Chamber member that offers what you need, locally! Members' Directory
Why Should I Be a Member of My Chamber of Commerce?
- Because the Chamber of Commerce unifies the public spirits of my community and directs it into useful and constructive channels
- Because I have a business at stake in the community, which can be best safeguarded by working with others throughout the Chamber of Commerce to protect and advance all businesses
Because my support is “plowed back” to yield many benefits in new industry, increased payroll, health, safety, legislation, business protection and community advancement
- Because through the Chamber of Commerce I can best discharge my obligations to this community in which I live and earn my living. I realize that every person owes a debt to the community that cannot be paid in taxes---a debt of personal service.
- Because an active membership in my Chamber of Commerce carries with it a sense of accomplishment and inner satisfaction for the knowledge that I am doing my share of an important job.
Since 1986, Commerce has set aside the 4th weekend in September to celebrate the bois d’arc tree (pronounced “bow-dark”) at the Bois d’Arc Bash. It is also referred to as an Osage orange tree, hedge apple tree and horse apple tree. We celebrate this unique and tough tree and hope you will join us for a weekend of fun in the Bois d’Arc Capital of Texas! This year is our THIRTIETH BASH!!!!!
- Each year thousands of people attend the Bash, eager to enjoy a fun-filled family event featuring:
- Entertainment stage – Hannah Kirby from The Voice will be our headliner this year on Saturday night!
- Food and drink vendors
- Numerous games and attractions including a carnival at Farmer’s Market
- Over 125 shopping booths and displays on Saturday
- Golf Tournament on Friday
- 5K Run on Saturday
- Parade on Saturday
- Youth Pageant on Saturday of the week prior to the Bash
- Lots of fun for the whole family!
Local Links for News:
Check out things to do in Commerce, TX